How to fix Wordpress errors

edited May 28 in Blogging & SEO

How to fix WordPress theme editor CSS not working?

Learn how to fix WordPress Appearance Theme editor Cascading style Sheet 100% working,

Common errors in WordPress sites, and how to Fix them.

When you’re editing your theme cascading style sheet (CSS) and you didn’t place the code in the right position, it won’t work, in most cases the codes will be reversed back to you, but sometimes your theme may get stuck because of that,

I will show you guys have to fix this without having to go to your FTTP (Cpanel) account,

though there are many ways to fix this, but I would like to share with you how I fixed mine because I also experienced it before

In my case when I experienced this error, this is the error message I always get Something went wrong, your changes may haven’t been saved, please try again there’s also a chance that you will need to manually upload files through FTP

Few things to do if you are in same situation as mine or if the changes you make in your theme HTML codes are not showing,

1. Update your WordPress

Check if you are using the latest version of WordPress, if not kindly update it to the latest version this might help.

2. Update your Themes

If your themes has a New version, update it to the new version,

How to update WordPress theme?

at your WordPress admin dashboard, click on the menu option at the left hand side, next click on Appearance >> Themes there, you’ll see if your themes has a new version or not.

3. Update your plugins

Also check if your website plugins are up to date, if not, kindly update them, it will help.

4. Clear your browser caches

You might think its impossible to fix this issue by just clearing your browser caches, but the truth is that, sometimes it might be the cause of that error, once you cleared your browser caches, your browser will look like a new browser and all the old files that was cached by your browser will flush out.

once you make changes on your theme after you have flushed the old files, it will reflect immediately

Read how to clear browser caches/data on Google Chrome

If none of these work for you, then install this plugin, W3 Total Caches

Yes install that plugin it’s very useful when it comes to issues like this.

that plugin will Clear all your Opcodes on your theme and it can also Clear your plugins caches if you think the problem might be from your previously installed plugins.

If the issue is still unsolved then report it to WordPress support,

you can create forum on WordPress by clicking on this link below and allow experts to come in.

Create forum on WordPress

If you’re facing other issues aside this one, scroll down and post it on the comment box and I'll get back to you.

Source: https://www.naijapam.com/wordpress-appearance-theme-editor-css-not-working-how-to-fix-it/